If I could give you one gift it would be to see yourself through my eyes and then you would see how special you really are.

Tuesday 23 July 2013

Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens

The whole room lit up, just like someone had aimed stage lights directly into our bedroom. I woke with a start, then thought "bugger, what windows have been left open" the lightening flashed again and again. Footsteps echoed in the hallway as child 3 threw herself in through the bedroom door and into our bed pulling the covers over her head. Child 2 put his head around the door to say "have you seen the lightening? its amazing" he headed back to his room to watch the weather display from his bedroom window. Then, yes you guessed it, child 1 who is 14 came in, "can I sleep with you I don't like it." Husband of course took one look at our now very cramped looking bed and moved out to child 3s now empty bed leaving me with two diva type girlies hiding under the covers from the thunder and lightening.



Although I can identify with the Maria from "How do you solve a problem like Maria" I would love to climb a tree so encourage my children too do so and anyone who has seen my 3 after a visit to the Secret Garden will know that I believe a filthy exhausted child is the sign of a happy child that has had a fabulous day out exploring without worrying about what mum will say when she see them again. I laugh too loud in church and have let all my children dance on the altar during mass, we often run late but all love eating especially with lots of other people. There is nothing better than a bring a plate of food party. In fact we all love any type of party! Also I would love to be described as a wave on the sand or a moonbeam.





Unfortunately or fortunately I am not sure which, I cannot sing, so for me to sing and dance my way through an impressive thunderstorm like Maria is an experience my children will never have to endure. Of which I am sure they are all eternally grateful for. However, I am pleased that they still like to seek the safety of our bed from the monsters of the night.



We may need to get a bigger bed though, what with number 4 on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment