If I could give you one gift it would be to see yourself through my eyes and then you would see how special you really are.

Sunday 2 June 2013

The Doldrums

What with panel being moved, work related rubbish and other stuff going on, I feel stuck in those doldrums. Not really motivated, kinda attempting to do things but really I want to go and hide under the covers for a few hours.

I looked up what doldrums mean and some say it comes from the old mariners describing a belt of weather between the Atlantic and Pacific Ocean.


All in a hot and copper sky,
The bloody Sun, at noon,
'Right up above the mast did stand,
No bigger than the Moon.
Day after day, day after day,
We stuck, no breath no motion;
As idle as a painted ship
Upon a painted ocean.      

Samuel Coleridges " Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner"

Enough of that, it's a beautiful day, the washing is hanging on the line a new raised bed
needs to be made and I need to make up a potato salad for the Coronation Street Party we are going to. 

And there are baby cygnets in the moat, it's time to find better waters to sail in....


No comments:

Post a Comment