If I could give you one gift it would be to see yourself through my eyes and then you would see how special you really are.

Wednesday 19 June 2013

"Everything WILL be alright in the end"

Does anyone else have days when they just get cross and want to rant? Today that's how I feel.
Emotions are running pretty high at the moment. Panel is in a few days, shortly followed by a meeting with a potential adoptees social worker.  My head is full of adoption, adoption and adoption.

In fact everything else takes a back seat, it's just not important enough to warrant my concern.

My saving grace this week is my children. I spent this afternoon with child 3. Child 1 is doing make up for a school show and child 2 is in Paris (he must be having a great time because he has not contacted us at all.) We walked home from school chatting about her day, her gymnastics, her appearance on You Tube and the fact that she has Forest School next week. The endless chatter of a 7 year old is quite calming. She didn't really need me to respond, she was quite content to do all the talking.

This incessant chatter provides a sense of balm to my aching heart and troubled thoughts, life at 7 is so easy and simple, it's all about wonder and play. Slights against friends are easily forgiven and forgotten, it is the now that is important, the future is about adventure and excitement, yesterday's sorrows are forgotten but the joys are stored as memories to be brought out at a later date.

The stresses of work are put into perspective, the complications of family life will resolve themselves one way or another and our children will grow up to be happy, independent, loving and secure because that is what I endeavour to to encourage them to be.

"Everything will be alright in the end, if its not alright it's because it's not yet the end" Sonny Kapoor The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment