If I could give you one gift it would be to see yourself through my eyes and then you would see how special you really are.

Saturday 15 June 2013

Mamma Mia

I was washing up after dinner when child 1 put on the Mamma Mia soundtrack, starting with Honey Honey. When I went to watch the movie (I am a massive fan of the show) I realised that I identified with Donna, Rosie and Tanya not Sophie and her friends - a sign of my age I guess and when I mentioned this to child 1 she said "Mum,  you would definitely have been Donna!!!!!!" (I'll let my 2 bridesmaids guess who they were cast as) and maybe not think to hard of the implications of my daughter comparing me to Donna??




This was followed by Dancing Queen with Child 1 using a spoon and me a banana, instead of that red dried flower thing from the movie. yes it was very funny, child 1 was almost rolling around on the floor at this point she was laughing so hard! Husband left the room in disgust. he's a bit of a music snob so has no appreciation of good honest happy music.

Then it was appalling renditions of Super Trouper (its a spotlight you know), Does your mother know and Mamma Mia.

Mamma Mia is one of those shows/movies that makes you feel happy to be alive, it has everything laughter lots of it, hardship a little  - I work all night,  I work all day to pay the bills I have to pay......,
Love, heartbreak and a happy ending, all set against a backdrop of azure blue skies and calm seas that change from cobalt to turquoise as the waves wash through the different scenes.


 The song that tugs at my heart strings is Slipping Through My Fingers, hearing the words makes me think of my child 1 now 14. How true are so many of the words, Child 1 daydreams her way to school and I am no longer the centre of her world,  I still know her but not as I used to when she was small, she is slowly growing up and away.

I like the song wish I could freeze the picture just for a little while.




No comments:

Post a Comment