If I could give you one gift it would be to see yourself through my eyes and then you would see how special you really are.

Thursday 3 October 2013

A contented exhaustion


"I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom" Thomas Carlyle

Life is certainly not boring and I am definitely exhausted, however I am not sure that I want to die from exhaustion.

 Child 4 does not sit still ever, not even in sleep. When I check on him before I go to bed he has invariably made his way to the opposite end of the cot, even in sleep he is on the move. Mind you I do wonder what he must dream of!  I have obviously forgotten what it is like having a two year old in the house, the last time I lived with a two year old was five years ago and I was in my thirties, to be perfectly honest I don't really remember it.

I spend my days following my little explorer around the house, garden and local area, he particularly likes visiting the chickens, walking the dog and meeting up with the cows who wander the fields of a nearby field. Life at his height is full of so many exciting things to look at, today we found baby slugs, spiders, blackberries and apples that roll down our hill bouncing off the kerb causing gurgles of delight from the little chap standing next to me, a pile of windfalls beside him awaiting their turn to race and tumble down the hill.

Despite the constant low grade headache I have, you know the one when you are really tired that sits just behind your eyes, a dull ignorable pain until you bend down or move to quickly and it kicks in reminding you that it is still there? I am having a whale of a time, yes it's tough going sometimes but all the rest of the time it's amazing, especially nap time!



No comments:

Post a Comment