If I could give you one gift it would be to see yourself through my eyes and then you would see how special you really are.

Thursday 4 April 2013

THE BLURB. As explained by our 7 year old, the bit that tells you a little bit about the story


Good evening , 45 minutes on attempting to add my first post, my 14 year old daughter saved me from a tantrum and showed me how to post on a blog (embarrassing but true) doesn't really bode well for the future as a blogger!!!!!

Thought I ought to introduce myself and my family and the reasons for the blog.
I am an over 40 year old mum, wife, daughter, sister, auntie, job share, school governor, catholic, friend, feminist yet still a home maker and many other personalities too and this blog is not about my tendency towards possible schizophrenia but about my family's journey, which now includes the world of adoption. I have a lovely husband, 3 children who, to keep them anonymous am thinking of calling  Child 1,2 & 3 like Thing 1 & 2 in the Dr Seuss books The Cat in The Hat. So Child 1 is our beautiful 14 year old daughter, child 2 is a gorgeous 12 year old boy and child 3 is well..........child number 3, you will understand when you read her quote of the day!! Also in the mix we have a springer spaniel, 2 cats and 5 chickens.

About a year ago we decided to add another to our family and felt that adoption was the way forward, so now after meetings, courses and social worker visits we are preparing to sit before the panel and pray that we are good enough. So this is our story, I have understandably set this up as anonymous so if any of you read this and know exactly who we are please don't say as it is imperative that our children (all of them) are protected. Thanks I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment